More on Traveling….
Online Article From “Travel Safe – Abroad”
Travel is a terrific way for seniors to stay active and engaged. There are several factors in how travel in later-life can be beneficial to senior health and quality of life.
• Stepping out of the daily routine helps to improve both physical and mental health.
• It slows down memory loss.
• Learning about new places, cultures and languages improves the brains neuroplasticity.
• Reduces stress, helping to prevent heart disease, stroke and other health problems.
• Creates travel memories that can be worth sharing, resulting in boosting the senior’s confidence.
• Helps seniors conquer fears that have been holding them back
• For single-seniors, it’s a great opportunity to meet new friends and develop new relationships
To make the travel experience even better, it is suggested to go with a “travel buddy”. The travel buddy can be a spouse, a relative, or a friend. Having someone to share the travel has proven to enhance the trip, by preventing loneliness, discussing the experience as it is happening, and sharing memories when they return home, For single-seniors looking for a companion, the best place to search is on a reliable senior dating site. The candidates are screened extensively through a series of filters. Their database is numerous with individuals from the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Australia. The senior that is searching can select from a wide array of matches such as age, activities enjoyed, etc. The site is setup for absolute security to make the match the best and safest possible for the seniors’ travel experience.