As we have been discussing the last few weeks, quality sleep can be a real challenge in the elderly population for a variety of reasons. There is hope, however. Caring-for-Aging-Parents.com has posted on their site a long list of possible solutions for getting adequate sleep.
- Drink lemon in hot water or warm milk before bed
- Exercise and get fresh air everyday (not within 3 hours before bed)
- Get up and go to bed at the same times everyday
- NO caffeine after 5:00 pm.
- NO alcohol before bed
- DO NOT take naps during the day, or limit it to 15 minutes
- Try to avoid TV before bed
For the complete list please visit caring-for-aging-parents.com/sleep-and-the-elderly