Part time Caregiver
Website AdvoCare Home Care Services
independence, privacy, companionship
Caregivers Job Description:
- Caregivers provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Caregivers will provide Personal Care, which may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship and respite
- Caregivers are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards
- Reports to Supervisor.
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care including:
– mouth care -positioning -medication reminding
– dressing -exercise -ambulation
– hair care – feeding – toileting
– bathing – shaving
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the Supervisor.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Participate on the Care Team by providing input and making suggestions.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations to it, as indicated.
- Follow the written care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers.
- Observe, receive and obtain information from relevant sources.
- Performs other duties as required