- Do you notice a change in weight (gain or loss)?
May be a sign of improper nutrition
- Is the house (especially inside) not being kept up?
Maybe sign of lack of ability, strength or emotional symptoms, also an increase in potential falls
- What are their financial resources?
This will determine the care options, what can they afford
Can family provide additional financial support
- Do they have long term care insurance?
Can be a great assistance is helping care opens
Assisted living Facility, In Home Care, etc.
- What are their life sustaining wishes?
Do they have a living-will on record, such as do not resuscitate , etc.
Do they have a medical power of attorney
Both very beneficial to family members in making difficult end of life decision
- Do they qualify for government assistance?
Contact SSN, Sate, County a City Agencies of information.