Last time we discussed the who
and how elder care impacts our society. Now
let’s take a look at how we can determine who needs elder care. The two issues of concern listed below are
strong indicators of a need for elder care.
- Medications being taken, and if so correctly (i.e. amount, and
- Is the stove left on, especially with food
- Medical appointments forgot, or even made?
- A repeating over and over of the same topic
- Neighbors mentioning concerns they have
after observing your loved- one’s behaviors?
- A sudden loss of interest in relationships
with close friends and/or family members?
- Forgetting to use assistance (walker or
- A recent change in eating habits,
especially the amount taken in?
- Increase in falling, more than 1 in the
last 3 months?
- New dents and dings in the loved-one’s
- A sudden concern that their affairs are in
If you can answer yes to any of the above issues, it may be time to start a discussion regarding elder care.
For further information please contact us at 406-582-5402